Seniors Celebrate Impending Graduation at Annual Picnic

Science+teacher+Will+Young%2C+athletic+director++Mark+Proccer%2C+physical+education+teacher+Chris+Frankenfield%2C+and+business+teacher+Jim+Parks+grill+food+at+the+senior+picnic+on+April+2.+Young+said%2C+%E2%80%9CWhen+the+wind+isn%E2%80%99t+blowing+in+my+face%E2%80%A6+this+is+way+better+than+proctoring+the+ACT.%E2%80%9D+

Science teacher Will Young, athletic director Mark Proccer, physical education teacher Chris Frankenfield, and business teacher Jim Parks grill food at the senior picnic on April 2. Young said, “When the wind isn’t blowing in my face… this is way better than proctoring the ACT.”

Rhonda Page and Cade Marian stand at the front of the picnic to greet seniors as they come in. “I enjoy seeing how relaxed everyone is… they’re just celebrating being a senior and that their high school education is coming to a close and they all have exciting things to do for next school year,” said Dr. Page.
A group of seniors throw around a football during senior picnic. “Hanging out with my friends and eating hot dogs, and playing frisbee with everyone is pretty fun” said senior Sasi Velchuri.

A group of seniors sit at a picnic table playing the board game “What Do You Meme”. “I thought it was good that Katy [Trebing] brought it or else I wouldn’t have stayed as long… I think there should be more games at the picnic,” said senior Sammie Atkins
A group of students play on the swings while waiting to eat. “My favorite part of senior picnic was getting to see everybody [even the people I don’t talk to] and reflect on how much we’ve changed,” said senior Anya Carpenter.

Students hear the call for food and start making their way to the food line. The seniors killed time waiting for the food by playing kickball, card games, or admiring each others’ dogs.
Students pick up the hamburgers and hot dogs that the teachers grilled for them from the food line. Staff members were there all morning preparing burgers hot dogs and other snacks for the seniors
Seniors Juron Bridgeforth, Joshua Oglesbey, and Cade Marian sit around a table to eat burgers and hotdogs . “The weather was absolutely perfect but the sun evened it out pretty well,” said Oglesby.