Parkway Norths Varsity Baseball Team Defeats Fort Zumwalt North 8-5; Says Goodbye to Seniors

Sophomores Evan Workman and Ayden Gonzales join coach Reeder to celebrate a hit by Workman to send two of North’s players home; thefinal score was North 8 Ft. Zumwalt 5.
Both teams shake hands after a long hard fought game. The boys varsity team will be back in action at MICDS on March 9, 2019 at 4:30 p.m. for conference finals. “It was a great way to say goodbye to our seniors,” said Lawson.
Seniors Lucian Thibodeaux and Jacob Sigler were escorted by their parents and teamed up with varsity coach, coach Mark Reeder during senior night for varsity baseball on May 3, 2019 at 4:15 p.m. at North’s home field. ”Senior season was really good; it was nice to know my teammates and coaches have high expectations of me,” said senior Lucian Thibodeaux.
Sophomore Dylan Lawson practices pitching for the match up after the senior ceremony. Lawson along with freshman Ramone Boyd and sophomore Elijah Tiznado were rotating pitcher for the game. “Both of them have had a fundamental role to the team this year. They both have great leadership and motivate us all not just on the field but in the classroom as well,” said Lawson.
Freshman pitcher Ramone Boyd looks over his shoulder to spot a Fort Zumwalt North player preparing to run to second base after Fort Zumwalt was leading North 2-0 ahead of the 3rd inning after a homerun thrown by Boyd. “For Ramone to be a freshman, he is very talented and has really good confidence.” said Lawson
Sophomore Tal Dean steps up for bat after a hit from fellow team mate Elijah Tiznado, to put Parkway North ahead with a 3-2 lead.
Senior Jacob Sigler looks towards the dugout to receive directions before the next pitch. In the 6th inning, Parkway North was in the lead 6-5. “I feel like before going into the 6th inning – although we were in the lead – we began to get a little lazy and let up,” said Lawson.
After a few bad plays on North, coach Reeder gathers the team together at the pitcher’s mound to go over the game plan and motivate the team to finish strong.