Seniors Succeed in Business/Technoloogy

May 7, 2020

Naomi Hester

What part of tech/business are you involved in?

• FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America)

How much time do you spend on tech/business?

• It depends on the project. Usually during the first semester of the school year is when I focus on my projects.

How did you get started in the tech/business?

• I didn’t really choose business classes. I just got placed in them freshman year. 

Why do you still participate?

• I ended up liking what I learned and continued to do them, and I was looking to be more involved with school since I was new to Parkway.

What’s your favorite part? 

• [I like] going to competitions. I get to meet new people and finally present my work to judges with the chance of being rewarded.

What’s your inspiration?

• I always found the idea of owning your own business to be pretty cool.

Have you won any awards/honors or hold any leadership positions?

• I’ve won five awards: four from FBLA district competitions and one from SkillsUSA

What’s your position?

• I usually work on graphic design and digital video production projects, but this year I also did photojournalism.

What’s your favorite memory from your time with the tech/business?

• At my last competition, before rewards were handed out, people started throwing frisbees around. Although it wasn’t professional, the coordinators were okay with it.

Will you continue the tech/business in college/after high school?

• I want to because of the career I plan to go into, which is graphic design/marketing.