Chris Lau

Chris Lau

Chris Lau is involved with the track and cross country team, robotics, slam poetry, NHS, Mu Alpha Theta and the Social Justice Action Team. Lau also plays the piano and cello and was a member of the St. Louis Suburban High School Honor Orchestra in 2020. In addition to his hefty list of extracurriculars, Lau excelled academically during his time at North.
“The most important thing, in my opinion, is finding out what exactly you’re passionate about and making sure you do that to the best of your ability,” said Lau.
His work ethic and organization skills were also very crucial to his success as a student.
“So many assignments in high school, especially now with [being virtual,] have very loose deadlines, so developing your own schedule on when to be productive and what you want to be productive on is super important,” said Lau.
Being as busy and successful as Lau takes a lot of motivation. Although motivation can be hard to find, Lau has proven that it’s not impossible and that it’s critical in being successful.
“I think the most impactful motivator for me has been the people around me … I personally value relationships and keeping your word above all else. That has helped me keep organized about my extracurriculars and reminds me why I do them,” said Lau.
Chris Lau is also a finalist for the National Merit Scholarship, one of the highest academic honors a student can receive as a high school student.