Parkway North Swim and Dive Defeat Rockwood Summit [Photo Essay]

Diver freshman Georgie Khalilov flies high above the Parkway North Swim team as he warms up for his event. North finished first in dive, as Rockwood Summit did not have a dive team. Khalilov’s brother, Arthur, who is a sophomore, also competed in dive for the meet.
Swim coach Bart Prosser speaks to the team before the meet begins. Prosser, who also coaches the water polo team, has been leading the Viking in some compacity, whether as the athletic director or a coach, for 26 years.
Freshman Austin Knoerle competes in the 100 meter backstroke. Knoerle finished third with a time of 1:18.75. Knoerle also finished second in the 100 meter freestyle, securing three points for Parkway North.
Senior Riley Huelsmann competes in the 200 meter butterfly as a part of the men’s relay. “One of the most important things for swimming is training. We spend countless hours, countless weeks in the pool to prepare for competition,” Huelsmann said.
Riley Huelsmann dives from his starting platform between two competitors from Rockwood Summit. 2022 is the third year that North and Summit meet for the season opener.
Sophomore Alex Tycksen swims to first in the 100 meter backstroke with a time of 1:14.52. Tycksen finished nearly an entire second faster than George Swayne of Summit, who finished at 1:15.43. North received an additional 3 points due to a strong third place finish from Aidan Workman.
Junior Patrick McCollum of North enters the water alongside competitors from North and Summit in the 100 meter freestyle. The freestyle is widely regarded as the fastest stroke. The current Olympic record is held by Caeleb Dressel of the United States.
Freshman Tanner Huelsmann removes equipment used for recording times from the pool following the meet. Both Riley and Tanner Huelsmann helped North win the 100 meter freestyle relay. In individual events, Tanner Huelsmann had two second-place finishes.