The Student News Site of Parkway North High School

Norsestar

Norsestar

Norsestar

Basketball Players Sharpen Skills in Fall League

Sophomore Andrew Griffin drives to the basket during a game against Saint Charles high school. The run ended in a jump ball which they won helping them to score that possession and win the game.

Despite the season the varsity boys basketball team had last year (2-25), this year they strive to do better, and they’re showing it by participating in a fall league.

“What happened last year doesn’t matter anymore. We’re working harder than before and the fall league is building our chemistry and so far it’s going good,” senior Darius Boyd said.

Their first couple games, they were playing great and were playing together. They look different than last year where the team had trouble getting a win.

“The way they were playing, I can tell they want to win this season. You can tell they played great. It looked like a real offense and they played intense defense,” freshman Simon Lorenz said.                                                                                                              
“Even though we were down by a lot in the second half, we did not give up, kept playing hard, made an awesome comeback and ended up winning the game,”  Lorenz said.

The team has had some rough performances despite a positive season, such as their game against North Point where they won.

“Our worst game was probably against North Point because we were playing slow, and it could’ve been better. We are also way better than them. The game shouldn’t have been as close as it was,” senior Darric Smith, who was on the team last year, said. 

One of their best games was against Lutheran St. Charles. They played great by playing fast-paced together. 

“The best game in my opinion was against Lutheran St. Charles because we played the best defense and offense we’ve ever played. The intensity was high, and we played with a lot of energy. We should be playing like that every game,” Boyd said. 

The Vikings varsity basketball team ended the fall season with a 3-3 record and looks to prevail and prove people wrong this Winter season with several players from the fall league hoping to represent the school on the roster. The team will have their first game on Nov. 21 at the Gerald Linneman Memorial Tip Off Classic Tournament.