The Student News Site of Parkway North High School

Norsestar

Norsestar

Norsestar

Parkway North girls varsity basketball hosts jamboree

In North’s first game of the day, junior Kylie Sloan takes control of the ball and breaks away from the opposing defender to line up a shot. Four teams participated in the Jamboree on Nov. 15, and each team played a total of three games.
While being guarded, sophomore Uyoyoghene Omunu looks for an open teammate to pass to. Omunu sees an opportunity to pass and does so while avoiding the John Burroughs defenders.
After regaining control of the ball, sophomore Camyra Stovall dribbles around the defender. Stovall positions herself for a three and scores the first three points of the game against Cor Jesu for Parkway North.
Passing the ball to her teammate, freshman Kylie Lolli prepares to help get the ball up the court. “I think we all work well together,” Lolli said.
Going up for a block, sophomore Uyoyoghene Omunu and sophomore Camyra Stovall take hold of the ball. The two sophomores divert the ball away from Cor Jesu to prevent the layup.
After stealing the ball, sophomore Lola Morton drives past the defenders to open herself up for a layup. “I like my teammates,” Morton said. “We have a good connection.”
Running up the court, senior London McWilliams attempts to avoid the defenders. After getting guarded, McWilliams passes the ball to one of her teammates to prevent a steal.
After some tough matchups, the Vikings went 0-3. Although the team lost, they are hopeful for the upcoming season and look forward to learning from this experience. “We are going to work harder at practices and give it our all so that we can improve more and do better in our games,” junior Alayna Morton said.